New Game Plus, New Game +, or NG+ for Lies of P is an unlockable game component where players can start a new game after meeting the requirement of finishing the main campaign at least once. In most cases, playing in New Game Plus allows players to start the main story of the game from the beginning while maintaining some elements that you've acquired during your first playthrough such as Player Level, Unlocked Skills, Discovered Items, Resources, Equipment, and more. However, not all key factors of the game will carry over such as Key Items that require the player to complete certain points of the game.
The New Game Plus or NG+ page features relevant information such as various aspects of the game that are carried over to this game mode, helpful information regarding the conditions that must be met in order to unlock New Game Plus, as well indicating the different attributes of the game that changes the overall experience. This page covers relevant information and guides for the New Game Plus mode for NEOWIZ Games and Round8 Studio's Lies of P.
Lies of P New Game Plus
What Carries Over to New Game Plus?
Here are the following assets that carry over to a New Game Plus cycle in Lies of P:
- Ergo Currency
- Defense Parts
- Legion Arms
- Player Level and Stats
- P-Organ Upgrades
- All Items except for Key Items and Recollection Items that are related to some quests
- Stargazer features: Level Up, Switch Legion Arm, Assemble Weapons, Switch Grindstone, Switch the Cube's Wishstone, Use Storage
What doesn't Carry Over to New Game Plus?
If you start the next playthrough, you won't be able to continue the current playthrough and the following items will not be inherited:
- All Collectibles except for Records.
- Key Items and Recollection items that are used for Quests and main story progression
- Krat Supply Boxes
- Venigni Collections
Gameplay Changes in New Game Plus
At the beginning, after P awakens and before you open the train door to enter Krat Central Station, the worktable will now change to "Geppetto's Tools" where you can "Switch Legion Arm", "Modify Legion Arm", and "Activate P-Organ". This only happens in NG+ since in the initial playthrough, interacting with the table provides the player the option to choose their starting class by selecting a Combat Memory.
Does the World Reset in New Game Plus?
Yes, just like in any other Souls-like games, the world resets when you start an NG+ cycle. This means you will have to start from the beginning, to progress the story and unlock extra features and NPCs along the way. And since Lies of P features 3 endings, it's highly recommended to choose different options or outcomes to achieve a different conclusion of the game.
Can I Respec my Upgrades in New Game Plus?
Upon starting a new playthrough, you'll find yourself at the beginning of the game where P is awakened by the blue fairy, Sophia. As you gain control of P, the game will prompt a message if you want to reset the P-Organ. By choosing "OK", it will reset all the upgrades and you'll regain the total number of Quartz you've spent.
Additionally, new loot will be available such as improved versions of Defense Parts, and more. These new items are found as loot inside chests, possible drops from killed enemies and bosses, and purchasable from Merchants.
Other Changes in New Game Plus
We'll be listing down the following changes that take effect when you start an NG+ Cycle:
- P acquires more Ergo from killing Enemies and Bosses
- Additional Phases unlocked for the P-Organ
- Increased Health and Damage Inflicted by Regular Enemies and Bosses
- Upgraded or +1 versions of certain equipment items (for example: Defense Parts, Amulets, and more) now drop from enemies, found inside loot chests, and are available in Merchant inventories.
- At the beginning section where P awkanens, you'll have the option to reset your P-Organ upgrades and reacquire the total number of Quartz spent.
- The work desk at the end of the train car where you initially choose your Combat Memory or Combat Style changes into a table with Geppetto's Tools. Interacting with it allows the player to (1) Switch Legion Arm, (2) Modify Legion Arm, or (3) Activate P-Organ to unlock abilities and add passive upgrades.
Lies of P All Exclusive New Game Plus Items
Upon starting a New Game Plus cycle, there will be additional Records that unlock in NG+. Additionally, some +1 variations of Defense Parts, other equipment, and materials also become available. If you are looking for guides on how to unlock all of the endings for Lies of P, please visit our Endings page.
Lies of P All New Game Plus Records
(This record can potentially be missed during the initial playthrough. The record is added in this section since you'll need to run an NG+ Cycle to obtain this if you missed it at first.)