Monad's Lamp will turn red when a butterfly is nearby. Reveal it and defeat it before it can run away to obtain valuable materials.
Dimensional Butterfly is a special Enemy in Lies of P. These unique creatures are usually hidden but can be revealed by Monad's Lamp, which will light up red to reveal the butterfly's location. Additionally, Dimensional Butterflies have a distinct sound when they appear making them easier to spot. Much like Crystal Lizards in the Souls series, they will flee when approached and disappear if not defeated within a set time. If you happen to miss the window for defeating a Dimensional Butterfly, simply rest at a Stargazer, then return to the location. The butterfly will respawn in the same spot.
- As of Patch 184.108.40.206, the HP of Dimensional Butterflies has been decreased.
Dimensional Butterfly Guide
The Dimensional Butterflies appear throughout the game and come in varying colors. Players can destroy these special enemies to gain materials from them that can be used to upgrade blades, handles, and more. This guide will feature the list of Dimensional Butterflies throughout Lies of P and the possible Materials that can be gained from defeating them. This list is divided according to the areas and locations in-game and will include a step-by-step guide on how to find all the Dimensional Butterflies.
There is a total of 31 Dimensional Butterflies that can be defeated in Lies of P. See the list below to collect them all.
Lies of P Dimensional Butterflies Full List
LoP Area 1 All Dimensional Butterflies
Inside the House on Elysion Boulevard
Rewards: 1x Hidden Moonstone
- Found when crossing a blue rooftop bridge before the Petrification Disease explanation.
LoP Area 3 All Dimensional Butterflies
Workshop Union Entrance
Rewards: 1x Motivity Crank
- After defeating the elite enemy with 2 shields, continue walking forward.
- Use the stairs where you see 2 moving fans on top of it.
- As soon as you reach the top of the stairs, your Monad Lamp is going to start glowing.
- Continue following the metal rails to the left and the Dimensional Butterfly will appear.
Workshop Union Culvert
Rewards: 1x Hidden Moonstone
- From the Stargazer in Workshop Union Culvert, go through the big red pipes that you can see in the image to the left.
- This pipe will take you to a pool of green water in the next area. In the image below, you can see the stargazer from where you came from. This is your indicator that you are in the right area.
- Try not to spend too much time in the water because this fills up the Corruption bar. Walk on the dry area you see on either side.
- Continue exploring this area and carefully defeat the enemies as you move forward.
- At this point, the Monad's Lamp should start glowing so carefully approach as soon as you see the lamp glowing.
- When you reach the other end of this water, you will find 2 pipes with flowing green water. The Dimensional Butterfly will appear near the left pipe.
LoP Area 4 All Dimensional Butterflies
The Ghost Town
Rewards: 2x Crescent Moonstone
- Continue further into the town by heading down the bridge left of the well.
- When you reach the middle of the bridge, the planks below you will give way and you'll drop into the ravine below.
- Through the path of a couple of explosive barrels and after going under the fallen tree trunk, two Dimensional Butterflies will appear.
St. Frangelico Cathedral Library
Rewards: 1x Advance Crank
- After speaking to Cecile, she will ask for your assistance in retrieving the Holy Mark.
- Proceed through the archway that leads to the stone tunnels and you will reach this area where you see holes in the floor.
- Drop down on either side of the hole and you will see the Dimensional Butterfly.
LoP Area 5 All Dimensional Butterflies
Path of the Pilgrim
Rewards: 1x Dark Moon Moonstone of the Covenant
- From the Stargazer at Path of the Pilgrim, continue heading down the hill. Try to sneak your way around the bear to avoid a difficult fight or fight it head-on.
- Be wary of bear traps and other minor enemies.
- Keep walking until you reach a small lake.
- Walk towards the end of the lake on the left side and you will see the Dimensional Butterfly.
Rewards: 1x Balance Crank
- While facing the bonfire from the direction pictured above, you will see a monster enemy patrolling here.
- Wait for it to go to the opposite end, and then run behind the bonfire through the alley on the right side.
- Climb the ladder next to the crates, where you can see the mark of the Black Rabbit Brotherhood on the wall.
- As you climb the ladder, the Monad's lamp will start to glow brighter, indicating that you are near a Dimensional Butterfly.
- Walk in front of you where you see an enemy standing behind a barrel and wooden crates. The butterfly will spawn next to this enemy on top of the blue cloth pictured above.
LoP Area 6 All Dimensional Butterflies
Rosa Isabelle Street Entrance
Rewards: 1x Crescent Moonstone
- After defeating the White Lady, walk up the stairs on the left while facing the stage.
- Make a left past the broken carriage until you see the park.
- Approach the tree with a nearby pothole on the ground and the Dimensional Butterfly will appear.
Estella Opera House Entrance
Rewards: 1x Technique Crank
- From the Estella Opera House Entrance Stargazer, go through the main door to enter the Opera House.
- You will be welcomed into the grand lobby with a magnificent chandelier, and the floor is lined with red carpet that extends all the way to the second floor.
- Make your way to the left side of the Opera House where you will be fighting stringed puppets.
- Proceed through the arch where you will find more enemies along the hallway.
- Then, walk towards the end of the hallway, and make a right to the stairs.
- Continue following the red carpets, and you will eventually fight this elite monster donning a red flower with a matching red dress.
- Keep walking to the left until you pass by Adelina's Golden Statue.
- Follow the path and use the stairs to your left.
- This will take you to the room with a massive hole at the center with a swinging chandelier. Drop down on either side of the beam.
- You will find a Trinity Sanctum here, then, look for the exit on one of the walls and stay on that path.
- Explore the path on your left and follow the stairs. You will hear the loud footsteps of the elite enemy in the next hallway. You will need to defeat them to gain access to the Dimensional Butterfly at the end of the hallway.
- Enter thedark room with a hatch and ladders inside.
- Drop down the hatch onto a wooden platform where you see a white cloth with ropes tied around it at the bottom.
- From the platform, the Monad's lamp will start to glow.
- As soon as you turn into the alley, the Dimensional Butterfly will appear. Beware in this area because there are other enemies waiting to ambush you.
LoP Area 7 All Dimensional Butterflies
Rewards: 1x Half Moonstone
- From the main hallway, proceed to this area where you see a hole in the ground with a monster throwing its decaying insides at you.
- Cross the ledge going to the monster's side and defeat it.
- Behind the monster, there is a lantern on the ground next to an archway. Enter this room.
- There are wooden puppets inside, resembling the size of a child. You will know that you are in the right room if you see this bright ring on the ceiling.
- Slowly approach behind the pillar where you will see more puppets. Lure them first so you can focus on defeating the butterfly later.
- As soon as you reach the center, the golden Dimensional Butterfly will appear. Defeat this Dimensional Butterfly to get a Half Moonstone.
Rewards: 1x Dark Moon Moonstone of the Covenant
- The second Dimensional Butterfly can be located after obtaining the Arcade Underground Passage Key. You can get this key in the garden connecting the main arcade building and the tunnels.
- Then, continue to the tunnels after you see the Wandering Merchant in the garden.
- Keep walking on the main path of the tunnel until you come across this area where you see the fog on the right archway.
- Using the Target Lock on controls, face the direction of the fog to locate the enemy, and attack them from a distance to dispel the fog.
- Then, once cleared, keep walking forward and the Monad's lamp will start to glow brighter. The Dimensional Butterfly will appear next to the crates, near the fog close to the archway.
- There are multiple decay-controlling enemies here, so you need to defeat them in a short period of time. This Dimensional Butterfly will drop a Dark Moon Moonstone of the Covenant.
Grand Exhibition Gallery
Rewards: 1x Technique Crank
- After activating the Stargazer inside the gallery, follow the main path where you can read the 'Grand Exhibition Gallery' signage.
- There are strong enemies waiting here so carefully defeat them one by one if you can.
- You will also encounter this elite enemy next to the Information Desk.
- After defeating the elite, make a right then use the stairs that you see on the left side. This will take you to the upper area and another elite enemy will appear, this time, you will fight the Dual Shield elite.
- After that, follow the red carpet laid on the floor and you will fight a few more enemies here before you can reach the balcony just beyond this area.
- Scale the walls and walk closely to the windows on your right, the third one will lead you to the balcony. As soon as you turn here, the Monad's lamp will glow brighter.
- Keep walking and the Dimensional Butterfly will appear right in front of you.
LoP Area 8 All Dimensional Butterflies
- The first Dimensional Butterfly spotted in Barren Swamp can be found just before the Puppet of the Future's arena.
- To get there, travel to the Barren Swamp Stargazer.
- Walk in front of you towards the landfill and into the swamp area. Try to minimize contact with the corrupted water by walking on the dry stretch of land.
- This boss is hard to miss because of its size and the loud sounds it creates as it moves. The Monad's lamp will glow just before you get within the boss' arena so try to kill the butterfly before you trigger the boss fight. This Golden Dimensional Butterfly will drop a Dark Moon Moonstone of the Covenant.
- The second Dimensional Butterfly will also appear in this area on the left side of the landfill.
- Locate the shack next to a hill of garbage, and the Dimensional Butterfly will drop a Stabilized Alchemical Booster.
- The third Dimensional Butterfly in this area is found near a burning barrel in between two carriages. This one drops an Alchemical Booster.
- The fourth Dimensional Butterfly is located near the gate next to a burning barrel. The Monad's lamp will glow as you approach this area.
- This one will appear on top of the landfill but will flutter over to the corrupted water next to a couple of enemies. So be careful as you chase after this butterfly. It will drop a Motivity Crank.
- The fifth Dimensional Butterfly will appear on the opposite side of the fourth one. In this area, an enemy from the top of the tower is shooting projectiles toward you.
- The Monad's Lamp will glow as you approach the carriage next to a stone campfire.
- You will hear the sound as they reload their weapon, so dodge it just before it hits you while chasing the butterfly. This Dimensional Butterfly will drop a Balance Crank.
Barren Swamp Ravine
- From the Barren Swamp Ravine Stargazer, use the ladder to drop down to the lower section.
- In the distance, you will see the lit campfire at the top of the hill. Walk towards that area and make a right in the narrow area.
- A boulder will come rolling every few seconds or so.
- Go to the wide area to the right so you can safely wait for the boulder to get past you and run over the enemy.
- The tricky part is, that the Dimensional Butterfly will spawn directly on the path of the boulder. So you need to time it carefully so you can get the butterfly. This one will drop an Advance Crank.
- The good news is, if you die like we did in our playthrough, there's a safe area on the left side of the boulder's path. Stay there as you wait for the boulder to roll past you after killing the butterfly.
- For the second Dimensional Butterfly, make a left to go up the hill leading upwards. There's another rolling boulder passing here.
- The butterfly will spawn next to the lit lantern you see in the distance. This path is safe from a rolling boulder but there are nearby enemies. This Dimensional Butterfly will drop a Half Moonstone.
- The Third Dimensional Butterfly can be accessed by going in the direction where the boulder is coming from, then dropping down on this side.
- Drop down again to another level, on the path of the other rolling boulder. The Monad's lamp will light up as you set foot on the ground. The butterfly will appear right on the archway in front of you. This Dimensional Butterfly will drop a Half Moonstone.
LoP Area 9 All Dimensional Butterflies
Krat Central Station Platform
Rewards: 1x Stabilized Alchemical Booster
- As soon as you reach the platform, there's a doorway that will lead you to the lobby pictured in the image below.
- You will fight the Robber Weasel here. You can grab their Hunting Apparel and Mask if you defeat them.
- Follow the path on your right where the Robber Weasel was standing, and take the stairs to the second floor.
- Keep following the tiled floor that should lead you to this bridge.
- Then, stay on the left path. The Monad's lamp will start to glow as you approach this moonlit path.
- The Golden Dimensional Butterfly will appear as you walk forward. This one will drop a Stabilized Alchemical Booster.
Rewards: 1x Balance Crank
- From the Abandoned Apartment Stargazer, use the stairs to lead to the second floor where you can see the Wandering Merchant.
- Next to him is the door that you can open that will lead to the Collapsing Krat.
- Go past this enemy here, and as soon as you defeat them, the Monad's Lamp will start to glow brighter, indicating the nearby Dimensional Butterfly.
- Cross this collapsed floor resembling a bridge here on your left.
- Then, look to your right where you see the disruption crystal. The Dimensional Butterfly will spawn next to it.
Krat Central Station Street
Rewards: 1x Half Moonstone
- After solving the riddle along Krat Central Station street, follow the path to your left where you see the metal fences.
- Follow the path of the flags until you reach the disruption crystal.
- The Dimensional Butterfly will spawn next to it. This one will drop a Half Moonstone.
LoP Area 10 All Dimensional Butterflies
- From the Stargazer at Relic of Trismegitus Entrance, go down the hill where you can see this narrow path.
- Continue walking until you reach the end and you see this lamp placed on top of a chest.
- At this point, the Monad's lamp will glow brighter. Continue walking until the lit bonfire comes into view.
- There are 3 Dimensional Butterflies in this area, and they will drop a Half Moonstone, an Enhanced Alchemical Booster, and a Full Moonstone of the Covenant.
LoP Area 11 All Dimensional Butterflies
Arche Abbey Outer Wall
- After meeting the image of Sophia, continue walking up until you reach the Arche Abbey Entrance. There are several enemies walking about here so carefully defeat those in your way.
- You also have to fight the Door Guardian here to reach the entrance.
- Continue exploring the Outer Wall and you will find this section where decay monsters are guarding.
- Then, use the ladder at the far end, where the monsters are. This will lead you to a room with a red, round carpet pictured below.
- Proceed outside and walk through the other door, the Monad's Lamp will start to glow.
- Go to the fire pit you see in the distance, next to the carved stone, and the Dimensional Butterfly will spawn next to it. This Dimensional Butterfly will drop a Full Moonstone of the Covenant.
- To reach the location of the second Dimensional Butterfly, you will start from the Trinity Sanctum where you met the King of Riddles, go outside once again, and look for the lift.
- As soon as you step out of the lift, the Monad's Lamp will start to glow.
- Carefully look around you and defeat the enemies waiting to ambush you and eliminate them before looking for the Dimensional Butterfly.
- Then, continue on the path to your left until you see this bridge. The Dimensional Butterfly will spawn as soon as you step on the bridge. This butterfly will drop a Full Moonstone.
Arche Abbey Broken Rift
- After meeting the Black Cat on the steps, he will not put up a fight but instead, will tell you how they plan on moving to another city. He will let you pass and you can continue to explore the path to his left. There's a tall archway here that will lead further into the Arche Abbey.
- Continue following the path until you reach the end and use the lift on the left side. Then, you will find the Arche Abbey Broken Rift Stargazer at the top.
- Head into the building and use the stairs leading to the lower area.
- Keep exploring and killing the enemies that you see until you see this elite enemy. You can get a Quartz by defeating it, and then use the ladder that you can see behind him.
- Then, head outside into this open area.
- Walk to the right narrow walkway, and the Dimensional Butterfly will spawn there. This Dimensional Butterfly will drop a Balance Crank.
- Return to the Arche Abbey Broken Rift Stargazer, and use the ladder on your left as you spawn on that location.
- Continue going up, to reach the platform again, but you will be on the opposite side this time.
- Carefully defeat all the enemies on this platform.
- As you approach the enemies to your right, the Monad's Lamp will start to glow. We recommend killing the enemy to your right first without going past the wooden beams so you can focus on killing the Dimensional Butterfly later.
- Then, walk on the wooden beam to your left, and the Dimensional Butterfly will spawn there. This Dimensional Butterfly will drop a Half Moonstone.