Endings for Lies of P features information and guides to achieving possible different conclusions, there are three different endings you can unlock in the game. In Lies of P, game developer NEOWIZ has confirmed that the action Souls-like game will have multiple endings since it features a Lie System that will affect different aspects of the game such as NPC interaction, Enemy encounters, and more. Your choice of telling the truth and lying will contribute points to Pinocchio's Humanity which rack up and affect the outcome of the story.
In this Lies of P Endings Guide, you can find the relevant information that you'll need to acquire a specific finale you want to achieve — for a detailed guide on completing locations or areas, please visit our Walkthrough page or for a summarized recommended progression path, check out the Game Progress Route page.
Unlockable Trophies Related to the Endings of Lies of P:
- Gold Trophy - Real Boy: They All Lived Happily Ever After
- Gold Trophy - Free from the Puppet String
- Gold Trophy - Rise of P
- Silver Trophy - The First Puppet
- Silver Trophy - Pianist of Krat
- Silver Trophy - Golden Melody
- Bronze Trophy - The Story of One Father
- Bronze Trophy - The Story of the Blue Butterfly
Lies of P Endings Guide
Real Boy: They All Lived Happily Ever After
Conditions to Unlock This Ending
To unlock or achieve the bad ending "Real Boy: They All Lived Happily Ever After", progress the game until you reach the final area of Arche Abbey and defeat the final boss: Simon Manus, Awakened God. Once you've beaten him, ride the lift to reach the "Under the Abyss" and give the P-organ to Geppetto.
If you want to unlock extra achievements/trophies, before you run a new game cycle, head to Geppetto's Study in Hotel Krat. Read the letter that is on his desk to unlock "The Story of One Father" achievement and then interact with the piano on the ground floor of the hotel to acquire the "Pianist of Krat" trophy/achievement.
Free from the Puppet String
Conditions to Unlock This Ending
- When meeting Sophia in her room near the end of the game, choose to leave her alive OR have low humanity. If you choose to give her peace but have low humanity, the following cutscenes will not include your hair changing color.
- Defeat Simon Manus, Awakened God.
- When Geppetto asks you to give your heart, choose the option to "Refuse".
- Defeat the Nameless Puppet.
IMPORTANT: If you wish to leave Sophia alive and achieve this ending, you must have a low level of Humanity before interacting with Sophia in her room.
Defeating the Nameless Puppet unlocks the "The First Puppet" and "Free from the Puppet String" Achievement/Trophy.
Rise of P
Conditions to Unlock This Ending
- IMPORTANT: Requires a High level of Humanity before interacting with Sophia in her room.
- Listening to Records at Hotel Krat contributes to P's humanity.
- Certain Dialogue Choices will also add Humanity Points.
- After defeating Laxasia the Complete, speak to Sophia in her room at the Ascension Bridge and choose the dialogue option "Give her Peace".
- Defeat Simon Manus Awakened God.
- When Geppetto asks you to give your heart, choose the option to "Refuse".
- Defeat the Nameless Puppet.
LoP How to Unlock Rise of P Ending
To unlock or achieve the true ending "Rise of P", the vital condition throughout your playthrough is to acquire a high level of Humanity before you talk to Sophia at her true location in Area 11 after defeating Laxasia the Complete. There are various ways to add points to P's humanity by (1) Listening to Records at Hotel Krat and (2) selecting certain dialogue options.
P's Humanity is divided into levels where it shows a different message which will help you identify if you have been accumulating enough Humanity Points. The Humanity Level and the message that is associated with it are as follows:
- Level 1: Your Springs are Reacting
- Level 2: The Ergo is Whispering
- Level 3: You Feel Warmth
- Level 4: Your Heart is Pounding
You won't have to worry about Level 4 early in the game because this message only appears later after you've chosen "Give her Peace" during your interaction with Sophia at her true location in Area 11.
WARNING: Do not choose "Let her Live" when speaking to Sophia at her true location. This will automatically lock you out of unlocking the Rise of P Ending and you'll need to start again. Our goal by the time you interact with Sophia by choosing "Give her peace" is to trigger a cutscene where the color of P's hair changes to grey, which means you have gained enough Humanity and you are on the right track to achieving this ending. If P's hair doesn't change color, then that means you did not accumulate enough Humanity Points and you'll need to start over. Just to be sure, if you haven't been listening to the records you've acquired, make sure to listen to each one from start to end to gain some Humanity.
Here are the following interactions we've done in our playthrough that contributed to P's Humanity:
- Whenever you get a new record, listen to it (from start to end) using the gramophone at Hotel Krat.
- Area 2 (Inside the House on Elysion Boulevard): Answer "She's a Cute Baby" when you give the Broken Baby Puppet to the Weeping Woman during the quest, "Find my Baby".
- Area 2 (Krat City Hall Courtyard): Your first encounter with Arlecchino by answering his riddles through a phone. Choose the option "Human".
- Area 4 (Moonlight Town): You must defeat the Survivor mini-boss first at the Workshop Union to acquire the Stalker's Promise gesture. When you speak to The Atoned stalker standing next to the cable railway in Moonlight Town, choose the option "Give the Stalker's Greeting".
- Area 4 (Path of Misery): You must acquire the Pray gesture first. When you have it, use the action in front of an altar with a statue of an angel with one wing on its right shoulder blade. See our Cecile or Return the Archbishop's Holy Mark page for the NPC's questline.
- Area 4 (St. Frangelico Cathedral Chapel): When you first meet Alidoro, lie to him by choosing the option "Venigni Works". Fast-travel to Workshop Union Entrance Stargazer after defeating Fallen Archbishop Andreus to find him there and then lie to him again by choosing "Elysion Boulevard".
- Area 5 (Malum District): Look for the phone and answer another riddle of Arlecchino with "Candle".
- Area 6 (Rosa Isabelle Street Culvert): Help Julian the Gentleman and finish his questline "Find My Wife's Belongings". When you return to Julian, answer him with "I saw the Message she left, saying she loves you".
- Hotel Krat: This interaction with Polendina only becomes available after you complete the questline of Julian the Gentleman and defeat the King of Puppets and Romeo King of Puppets. You need the Wedding Ring from Julian, so make sure you select "I saw the Message she left, saying she loves you" to acquire it. Go back to Hotel Krat and speak to Polendina near the fountain. Simply pick "Show the Wedding Ring".
- After defeating the King of Puppets and Romeo King of Puppets and clearing Area 6, speak to Antonia in Hotel Krat and choose the dialogue option "Of course".
- Area 7 (Grand Exhibition Gallery): Find Belle and speak to her.
- Area 7 (Grand Exhibition Gallery): Look for the phone and answer another riddle of Arlecchino with "Egg".
- Area 7 (Grand Exhibition Gallery): Defeat Champion Victor and when speaking to Simon Manus, choose "Hope of a cure".
- Hotel Krat: After completing Area 7, speak to Polendina to learn about Antonia's illness and he'll ask you to speak to Giangio to ask for a cure. Speak to Giangio and give him a Gold Coin Fruit in exchange for the cure. Go back to Polendina and choose "Use the cure'.
- Hotel Krat: After completing Area 7, speak to Eugenie to receive the Four-fingered Clove that you need to give to Alidoro who you'll find in the Barren Swamp of Area 8. After giving the glove, report back to Eugenie and choose "He was happy".
- Hotel Krat: After completing Area 8, return to the hotel and speak to Antonia to acquire Humanity Points. This will only work if you get the cure and tell Polendina to "Use the cure".
- Area 9 (Krat Central Station Street): Look for the phone and answer another riddle of Arlecchino with "Ergo".
- After completing Area 9, go back to any phone used to communicate with Arlecchino, and when you speak to him choose "No" when he asks "Is Geppetto's creation a killer? CONFESS!" To learn more about Arlecchino and his riddles, please visit his page.
- Upon clearing Area 9 and speaking to Antonia where you'll find the hotel to be attacked, speak to Belle to start her questline "Find my Partner". Complete it and when you report back to her, choose "He was killed in action fighting a puppet".
- Defeat the Black Rabbit Brotherhood in Area 10 and speak to Venigni at the hotel. Choose "I couldn't hear" when he asks what or who was behind the Frenzy. It's important that you speak to him again after you answer to acquire the King of Puppets' Message. Next, use the hotel's stargazer and choose "Play the King of Puppets' Message".
- Area 10 (Relic of Trismegistus Combat Field): Follow the linear path and you'll find "Alidoro". Speak to him and choose "Attack Alidoro" twice. Have Venigni decipher Alidoro's Cryptic Vessel and then speak to Eugenie. For this dialogue, choose "I think he was just a talented Stalker".
- Area 11 (Black Seaside): When you first arrive here make sure to examine all of the statues. It's most likely that the only one that counts that adds up to Humanity is interacting with the one near the stargazer with an orange glow, but just to be sure, we recommend examining them all.
- Area 11 (Arche Abbey Outer Wall): Open the last Trinity Sanctum where you'll find Arlecchino. Speak to him and choose "Human" when he asks if you are a puppet or a human being.
- Area 11 (Arche Abbey): When you speak to Geppetto who's locked in a prison cell, he'll ask if he was a trustworthy father to P, choose "Yes".
Progress the game's story until you reach the Ascension Bridge, defeat Laxasia the Complete, talk to Sophia in her room, and choose the option "Give her peace". If you've acquired enough humanity, a cutscene will trigger that shows P's hair color changes to grey and the message "Your Heart is Pounding" will display after the cutscene. Continue through the main story until you reach the final boss at the Arch Abbey Cradle of the Gods and defeat Simon Manus, Awakened God.
Proceed to the final area "Under the Abyss", talk to Geppetto, and do not give him your Heart. This will trigger a boss fight against the Nameless Puppet. Simply defeat the boss to complete the game, and unlock the true ending. You'll acquire the "The First Puppet" trophy/achievement if you defeat the Nameless Puppet for the first time, including the "Rise of P" trophy/achievement.
After the credits roll, go back to Geppetto's Study in Hotel Krat and pick up the letter on his desk to read The Blue Butterfly's Letter. This will unlock the achievement/trophy: "The Story of the Blue Butterfly".
Lies of P All Truths or Lies Dialogues
All Lie Scenarios Quick Navigation
Click to jump to a specific section of the page
When the player reaches Hotel Krat for the first time, Sophia, an NPC who directly influences our protagonist will request Pinocchio to lie for her to get through to the hotel. According to lore, Puppets cannot lie however, Pinocchio is a special one. He can fabricate information on his own for a special reason. The only clear answer to this is the lore mentioned that Geppetto made him special compared to the other puppets.
Following the events in Hotel Krat, Pinocchio needed to lie for him to pass the hotel's defensive mechanism. Pinocchio informs the machine that he is human and not a puppet. Shortly after the lie, the springs will begin to "react", making a clear indication that lies do influence him. The machine accepted the answer willfully as regular Puppets can't lie. Pinocchio will be able to enter Hotel Krat and be welcomed by Sophia.
Otherwise, if you say "Puppet", the door will remain closed and you will not be allowed to enter Hotel Krat. You will have to try again and choose 'Human' as there is no other way to get inside Hotel Krat.
- Lie: She's a cute baby.
- Truth: That's a puppet.
When Pinnochio reached the Petrification Disease Quarantine Zone at Elysion Boulevard. He will stumble upon a woman who's yearning for her child. Later on, she will ask Pinnochio to embark on a quest to find her child in Krat City Hall. Krat City Hall is the last area in the Demo and players can locate the said area by defeating the Mad Donkey mini-boss.
Ultimately Pinocchio found the missing child and discovered it was a puppet. He went to give the puppet back to the concerned woman and the system will require the players to choose an answer. Pinocchio will have the option to tell the woman the following answers, "She's a cute baby." or "That's a puppet.". When you choose the first option " She's a cute baby." which is an obvious lie, the phenomenon will occur.
The woman will give you a music record that you can play and listen to in Hotel Krat and when the music stops, another lie phenomenon will occur. On the other hand, if players choose the " That's a puppet. " option, the woman will weep and accept the truth. She will give you a Vivid Ergo Fragment and Feel as a reward.
As you arrive at the Train Station, a creature called The Atoned will ask you if you are trying to go up. They will also warn you that the cathedral has changed and is off-limits. In order to pass, they will ask you to prove your identity. The Atoned will then ask you if you are a Stalker. Stalkers are a key group and they have members all over Krat.
If you choose to do nothing, then they'll tell you that only the worthy may pass and you will now fight them. The Atoned is a powerful boss that wields a hammer head. Do not be fooled by their slender frame as they can move swiftly and close distances with a single movement. Successfully killing The Atoned will reward you with a Cable Railway Key and The Atoned's Mask.
However, if you choose to lie to The Atoned, they will acknowledge you and tell you that they are as good as dead, after losing everyone they have loved. They will go on to tell you that they don't have the right to stop someone as determined as you. They will wish you a safe passage and will hand over the Cable Railway Key.
When you reach the rooftop of St. Frangelico Cathedral, you will encounter Alidoro who has been on a search for other survivors and admits that it has been quite lonely. He informs you that he is currently seeking refuge-- looking for a place to crash. Tell him the truth and choose Hotel Krat. He will reward you with Fire Abrasive, and he will also offer to show you his items for sale.
However, if you lie to Alidoro here, he will still give you the Fire Abrasive, but he wouldn't be keen on opening up about his items for sale. Then, you will find Alidoro again in another location, see the section below.
If you choose to lie during the first meeting with Alidoro, you will find him again at the Workshop Union Entrance. Alidoro knows that you lied to him the first time but expects you to have a shred of decency. He asks again one more time if you know of a safe place. If you tell him the truth, he will tell you that he will take another chance on you. If you choose to lie to him again, he will still eventually end up in Hotel Krat, but he will be unhappy dealing with you, possibly locking you out of trading goods.
- Lie: I saw the message she left, saying she loves you
- Truth: I've never seen that happen before
After defeating the White Lady in Rosa Isabelle Street, you will find a gentleman by the name of Julian. He is standing next to the Rosa Isabelle Street Culvert Stargazer. He will ask for your assistance in retrieving his late wife's belongings, saying that he was unable to reach her through the flames. You can find his wife's body after crossing the bridge, then walk down the stairs. You will realize that the wife is a puppet, but you still retrieve the belongings and bring them back to Julian.
Now, he will ask you a question "Who ever heard of a human and puppet in love?" If you choose to lie, he will grieve the loss of his wife saying that her words are everything to him. He will hand over the Wedding Ring and a Sad Gesture if you choose to do this. However, if you choose to tell him the truth, he will say that it's what everyone says and he will give you 1x Radiant Ergo Fragment.
After defeating the King of Puppets, return to Hotel Krat and you will find Antonia looking up at a painting of her young self. She will then ask you, "Do I still have a flicker of the beauty captured in that portrait?" She will praise Geppetto for teaching you good manners and tells you that she hopes that you're making good memories on your own. After this event, P will feel the gears reacting inside of him after telling a lie.
- Lie: Show the wedding ring (Available if you lied to Julian the Gentleman)
- Truth: There's no such puppet
Right after speaking to Antonia, look for Polendina at the counter, but you will not find him there. Instead, grab the letter from the front desk and head out to the garden where Polendina seems to be troubled. He will ask you "Can a puppet and a human fall in love?" If you hand him the ring, he will go on to say that an unbelievable love exists, with a wedding ring as its symbol. However, he says that he doesn't have the intention of telling her. By choosing to lie, you will receive 1x Gemini Iron Protection.
If you choose to tell him the truth, he will say that he already knows it and perhaps, what he wanted to hear was a sweet lie. He will thank you for the clarity, however, he says that he is sure that the love he feels for Lady Antonia is real. Either way, he will still reward you with 1x Gemini Iron Protection.
After defeating Victor, you will meet Simon Manus who will commend you for defeating such creation. He will then ask your opinion now that you have seen the place with your own eyes. "What do you suppose our cure has created here?"
If you choose to tell him the truth, he will tell you that you are short-sighted just like Geppetto, your father, and that you tell the truth, just like everyone else. He claims to understand the Petrification Disease on a different level ahead of everyone else. Despite your differences, he will still give you the Saintess of Mercy Statue Gallery Key.
If you lie to Simon and tell him that it's a hope of a cure, he will tell you that he's surprised and did not expect P to be as rational as they are. He will commend P for being open-minded enough to hear about the Petrification Disease. Either way, Simon Manus will still hand over the Saintess of Mercy Statue Gallery Key.
- Lie: He was happy
- Truth: He was angry. He said the gloves were rubbish
If you choose to tell her a lie, she will be overjoyed, noting that she designed the glove keeping in mind that Alidoro supposedly lost a finger when protecting her when the Workshop Tower collapsed. You will receive 1x Fire Abrasive.
If you choose to tell the truth, she will be puzzled as to why the Four-fingered Glove didn't suit Alidoro, as he was supposed to be 4 fingered, and cant have just grown back a finger. She will warn you against Alidoro and ask you to keep surveillance. You will receive 1x Electric Blitz Abrasive
The King of Riddles is changing his ways, and instead of Arlecchino giving you riddles to solve, he will now ask you a question. He tells you that the next one is a black and white, a no or yes. The question is: "Is Geppetto's creation a killer? CONFESS!"
If you choose to answer Yes, he will reward you with The Chosen One's Trinity Key.
- Lie: I couldn't hear
- Truth: Geppetto caused the Puppet Frenzy
P was able to bring the Ergo readings back to Venigni. As the playback was recording, the voice was heard addressing a man named Carlo and revealed that all puppets are bound to the Grand Covenant. He shares that the first law is that Puppets must follow their Creator and, as he is about to reveal the name of the Creator, the sound becomes inaudible to Venigni but not to P. He claims that there were static noises but P was able to hear the name of the creator-- Giuseppe Geppetto, the man who caused The Puppet Frenzy.
Venigni will then ask you if you were able to hear it and will ask you who the Creator is. If you choose to tell him the truth, Venigni will accept it. He urges that it is now important more than ever to save Geppetto so they would know the truth about why he did it.
- Lie: He was killed in action fighting a puppet
- Truth: He became a monster
If you spoke to Belle in the Hotel Krat, she will ask you if you would look for her friend who was last seen at Grand Central Station. During one of your trips, you will find her partner named Atkinson who has been infected by the disease. The man will ask you a favor to tell Belle that he died as a soldier and give "Atkinson's Letter" instead of the harsh truth that he became infected and turned into a monster.
Once you return to the Attacked Hotel Krat, Belle will ask you if you have heard from her partner. If you choose to lie, the usual phenomenon will occur and your body will react to it. Depending on your current progression, you will be able to experience warmth.
Belle will reward you with an Electric Blitz Canister and Why.
As soon as you reunite with Geppetto after he was taken away, he will tell you that Simon has gone completely mad. He says that Simon plans on becoming a god by using a tremendous amount of Ergo that he has collected. He would want you to stop Simon from achieving this and before doing so, he will ask you if he was a trustworthy father to you. If you choose to tell him Yes, then he will respond by saying that he now has the courage to carry on because of you. He will ask you to end it all and come back to his side.
The usual phenomenon will occur, yet again, P will feel warmth.
Dialogue Choices: NOTE - which answer is the lie depends on what you chose to do with Sophia upon finding her in the Abbey
- Lie: I liberated her from Arche Abbey
- Truth: I gave her peace
After you defeat Simon in battle, he musters up the will to talk to you. He tells you that he is envious of you, of how Sophia is willing to turn back time to save you. He goes on to say that he would like to hear your thoughts and he will then ask, "What have you done to Sophia?" You will have two options here, which depend on how you handled Sophia's request in the Ascension Bridge. You will get the same response regardless if you choose to tell him the truth, or a lie. He will respond that he supposed that it was what she wanted. He claims that her pure heart was a tonic for his pain and he tried to use the power to hold her, even though in the end, he couldn't.
As Simon's life fades away, his final words are to warn you of Geppetto.